Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Busy Week

So this past week the group was split up and sent to different areas for site visits with current volunteers. I went to Berea district with Elissa and Brice to stay with Merrill near the camp town TY. We had a blast. We got to hang out with her youth group and hike a mountain to reach the Ha Kome caves...which were super cool. To get to TY we had to take a kombi...aka a big white van that holds roughly 20 people. Kombis are a crazy experience. They aren't in the best condition and are generally packed full of people...but that just adds excitement to the trip. The best part is when they need to be puched backwards in order to start...much like a wind up toy car lol.
Since I got back from TY I've done some fun things. First I decided to try making Nisu..which came out ok given that I steamed it in a pot. We also took another mountain climbing trip to Thaba Bosiu on the 4th of July. On the 5th we were allowed to have a BBQ at the other training village that the Peace Corps paid for...which was so fun. Everybody was really excited to eat hamburgers. Overall it was a really fun week and when I have more time I will probably give more details, but alas, time is short so thats it for now.

2 comments:

  1. also I have to give a shout out to Nick Pong for the short wave radio because it has totally saved my life lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont worry, ill soon be doing something shoutout worthy. LOVE the stories. fire socks is my favorite and props to the pee bucket. once i figure out international packaging ill send you something that sparkles, until then any art you might fancy?? LOVE YOU DOLL!!!

    ReplyDelete