Friday, April 8, 2011

Winter not-so-wonderland

So this post is going to be brief. Its mostly just to quickly update on my least favorite kind of weather....WINTER. It has arrived. What does that mean exactly? It means that I'm extra cold and that soon it will snow. For those of you who've forgotten or are new to this blog I'll remind you about my housing situation. I live in a concrete house with a tin roof...aka a freezer. Bummer for me.

Other than that there isn't too much new to report on my end. My garden is thriving (which is shocking). I have exactly 2 cucumbers (they're about 3 inches long at present, and were planted before thanksgiving lol) and the tomatoes that I did NOT plant but grew anyways are doing excellent as well (although this cold weather is threatening their well-being).

On the American side, this government shut down has my attention (Peace Corps is a government agency you know). I'm sad I'm not there to really follow the action...sigh.

Ohh well...that's all I really wanted to say. We're having a bit of an after work dance party at WFP now.

3 more months to go!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Reading this last blog post almost made me cry a bit. I saw it on the Peace Corps Journal - Lesotho site. I've just been invited to PC Lesotho and will be leaving the states at the end of May. It sounds like you have had an amazing time, and a lot of time to think about it. I ready your previos post about CT as well. I have actually been there and done all of the things that you talked about. What an amazing time! Thanks for the post and I hope your last few months go well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you glad that I wouldn't take your winter coats and things??? You were blinded by the warm weather. lol

    ReplyDelete