Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Let the journey begin...

So right now I am sitting at the computer in my amazing hotel room (king size bed and everything) in Philly. I got in yesterday and went to "Staging" (aka registration/ pre-pre service training). It was great to finally meet the people in my program. There are 16 of us total and I'm like 95% sure that I'm the youngest one here.
Everyone seems really nice though. We bonded over Thai food for dinner.
So I don't know if there's a time stamp on this but it's 2:45 am....we have to checkout at 3am. You can imagine how excited we all are about this.....
We are about to drive to Laguardia in NY, where we board our 15 hour plane ride to Johanesburg (spelling?). We then are confined to our hotel in Jo'burg until we meet at the airport at 3 am the day for Maseru, Lesotho!
Well I have to go, but I will try and update as soon as I can!
Love you all.

3 comments:

  1. Just so you know, i've bookmarked this so i can click eagerly and efficiently every morning in search of new updates. Have fun waking up at 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting Kristine! Glad that you're updating. Good luck with those early morning wakeups :) Love you and miss you already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi bella! I'm thinking about you and checking this site often for updates :)

    ReplyDelete